Connect to robot while in wifi AP mode¶
- Click the outside button on the sensor bar to enable wifi AP mode.
- Connect to the magni SSID using this wifi password: robotseverywhere
- Once connected, login with:
ssh email@example.com: ubuntu (the default hostname is
The Magni uses pifi for wifi management.
The Magni distro boots with wifi AP mode enabled, which allows you connect to the magni SID and login via ssh and add your local wifi SID.
Enable wifi AP mode by pressing SW2 button on the sensor bar. AP mode is indicated by a flashing blue LED.
Charge to 29.4 with 32 volts with 1 amp current limit
- You should see 5 green lights, with top light blinking every 6 seconds.
- If the bottom 2 LEDs are not illuminated, you need to charge your batteries.
- Assign new hostname:
sudo pifi set-hostname NEW_HOSTNAME
- Add a new network to the robot:
sudo pifi add MyNetwork password
- Calibrate the wheels:
rosrun rqt_reconfigure rqt_reconfigure
- Simple teleop:
rosrun teleop_twist_keyboard teleop_twist_keyboard.py
- Shutting down the robot:
sudo shutdown -h nowor press SW1 button on the sensor bar and hold for 3 seconds